Friday, June 20, 2008

Book 2, Update: Another Roadside Attraction by Tom Robbins

So you may have noticed that I've posted book 3 before the reimagining of book 2, Another Roadside Attraction. No, you didn't miss it. I just haven't done it yet!

In my defense, I've hit one of those good problems with this book: too many great ideas. I've been thinking about what I'd like to focus on but keeping it simple. Keep in mind that these were the things discussed in the novel (in no particular order):

- a roadside hot dog stand with 30' X 9' sign -
- a flea circus -
- Jesus -
- a white man who has taken on an African Tribal lifestyle (see animal skins, filed teeth, etc.) -
- a woman who goes into trances and has visions -
- an anthropomorphic baboon -
- mushrooms -
- a black-ops, militant section of the Vatican -
- butterflies -
- a rock n' roll circus -
- a child named Thor with electric blue eyes -
- endangered garter snakes -
- the 60's counter culture -
- etc. -

I think I've finally figured out what direction I'm going to go in and will be working on the cover this weekend. Be sure to check back next week for the update!

No comments: